Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Bad Girls, Bad!

I'm pretty disgusted with the actions of the Delta Zeta sorority at DePauw, purging their members who were minorities or not classically thin and beautiful.

I'm MORE disgusted at their national chapter, here at Miami, for backing them up. As a greek myself, this is a perfect example of everything bad about the greek system and nothing good.

Good on DePauw for kicking those girls to the curb. I wish Miami would sanction the national chapter.

Discrimination is wrong. Period.

For those living in a cave: The story

EDIT: In the interest of fairness, I took a look at the sorority's web site. Their defense goes something like this "...Delta Zeta national leadership undertook the membership review and made decisions thereon based solely upon each woman�s [sic] commitment to Delta Zeta�s [sic] recruitment plans moving forward."

Yes, yes. Surely you're right. The women booted out surely just happened to be heavier than the rest and all the minority members. Happens all the time. Fatties and foreigners lack commitment. This is obviously a problem of perception and bad treatment in the press.

B-A-R-F!

I would buy that story...if my IQ were that of the average fencepost.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger hotpinksox said...

Same shit, different campus. This was going on when I was in college. It doesn't surprise me AT ALL.

March 14, 2007 8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home