Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Sorry to have been away from you so long

I'm back from the nether-regions (my own, I'm afraid) and I should be posting more.

I got my new bike, Wynona, a BMW F650GS a week and a half ago and I'm absolutely smitten. She's one of the very best things that's ever happened to me. I waited a long time and researched three years before deciding what bike to purchase and I'm absolutely giddy as a school boy.

See pics here and also here. Yes, I'm P.B.W.S. or Pokes which is Pokes Badgers With Spoons...it's from an Eddie Izzard comedy routine about religion.

The process of learning to ride has been fascinating. It's physical, but only slightly. It's primarily mental. It's proving to be an excellent exercise in controlling my ADD. I learn something new every time I go out.

It does give me sad insight into just how bad people in this country drive. People suck. Bad.

I've also been dating a bit. Didn't really work out in this case, but it was fun. Now that the oars have been in the water, I'm sure I'll be getting around the pond a bit...it's a small pond, though, so I'm sure it won't take long to run out of real estate, so to speak.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger M said...

I have a sticker on my Nalgene that says, "I poke badgers with spoons."

I'm getting a bike this week too. Far less exciting and quite a lot less, uhm...vibrations.

May 15, 2007 1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home