Thursday, March 22, 2007

And now for you today, because I love you, comedy

A special thank you to my good bud Blue Goose from the Chain Gang Forum for this, the most beautiful piece of guerrilla theater I have ever seen.

You know about 419 scams. You may not know that you do, but you do. They're the lovely e-mails you get from Nigerian business men down on their luck. They need your bank account number so they can transfer tons of money to your account and have you send them some. They want to buy your car and send you a check for ten thousand dollars over the amount hoping you'll send the extra back to them. How many of these e-mails have you received? I have received MANY. Including ten when I was selling the Impala via eBay (sniffle, sob).

So, to that end, there is now a growth of scambaiters. Those who, when receiving one of these e-mails retaliate. Not by replying FU, like I have been known to. But by seizing on the absolute desire of these scum for money and using it to make them into marionettes. If you'd like to watch them pull the strings and see how it's done, go to their website.

And now for all of you, especially the Monty Python fans among you, I give you without further ado...The Parrot Sketch.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home