Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Speaking Ill of the Dead

Well, when I read that Jerry Falwell was dead, I was happy. I won't lie and sugar coat it. The man was a bigoted douche nozzle and I'm glad he's gone. It's disgusting to say you live in the name of a god and a religion that espouses the value of all life and tolerance for all people and be a hateful, nasty human being.

I was all ready to write a post highlighting some of his career low-lights, when I played a hunch and hopped over to AMERICAblog. Lead blogger John Aravosis beat me to it and did it WAY better than I could have. Well done, John.

Check it out for yourself.

There's been a lot of bigotry in the news the last year or so. Kramer, Mel Gibson, etc, etc, etc. I'm sick of it. We're better than this as a nation. It's time to bury these people literally and figuratively and really give equal rights and treatment to ALL people of ALL colors, sexual orientations and cultures.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home